Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Contemporary House and PBR Materials WIP 1

I have been revisiting an architectural model that I did a while ago, and using it to practice Physically Based Rendering Materials in Unreal Editor 4. I must say, these materials look awesome! It has already been well known that all materials are reflective, but the cost of having reflections in materials--even fake--was just too expensive. Even the materials that did have reflections had to fake it by using a cube map. Now, the reflections are a true capture of the surrounding scenery and computed real-time. You can even move the location of the reflection capture and recompute it, which is cool. I've really been pushing for every material to have normals created in Zbrush or baked from a hard surface model in Maya using xNormal, instead of the less-desirable results from a quick CrazyBump conversion.  Here is what I've got going so far:


No comments: