Monday, July 14, 2008

3DBuzz Contest Top 10!

The hard work going into the DM level for the 3Dbuzz Old School Level Design Contest paid off. I was able to make it into the top ten out of 70 entries. Here is the link to the top ten: 3DBuzz Old School Level Design Contest Top Ten Finalists. The contestants were further narrowed down to five, and unfortunately I didn't make the cut. There was some good competition, though, and it was a great learning experience overall. Now that I have completed my first real Level, I am anxious to do more work and keep improving my craft. Right now I'm working on bot AI for a mod that I'm a part of. It doesn't have a name, but it involves traveling up a tall skyscraper and will be single player. Since Unreal doesn't have single player, I am having to find ways of making AI intelligent enough to not go running around and shooting the player all the time.

The completed level that I created for the competition is named DM-Ebb and it can be downloaded from my site under the portfolio>downloads section. Here is the direct link:

DM-Ebb.zip



I am trying to get as much feedback as I can about it to improve my future levels. I will also be working on static meshes and textures for the mod. Until next time!

No comments: