Sunday, January 18, 2009

Skeletal Mesh Animations in the Unreal Editor

Not too long ago, I found a tutorial from the Unreal 3 forums on how to import custom animations. I decided to use this for the WWII plane that I previously modeled, as I am now going to be mostly in charge of getting the B24 project running correctly in Unreal 3. I managed to get the skeletal mesh of the plane and custom animations in, but setting up an animation tree seemed to prove tricky. I was controlling animations from within kismet, which is a really roundabout way of doing it and not advisable random animations. Here's how the plane looks (I also went back and removed a lot of unnecessary tessellations and faces to reduce the poly count).





Recently, I have been looking at Uscript and have been starting to get the hang of it more. I am working on a new mod with about eight other people, and I am in charge of level design, programming, some concept art, and some environment assets. I really look forward to how it will come out. I recently updated my website with a floorplan of the level I will be working on; the project is currently called "Overrun."

No comments: