Monday, November 17, 2008

Update 3

A lot of long and fun hours going into trying to finish this level. I have added a lot of sounds and replaced a lot of the ground BSP with terrain, since they are not so flat and can have layered textures. I have also been re-recording voice sounds (because the old ones sounded too much like a robot reading from a script) and have finally figured out how to get sounds to do what I want them to in Audacity. I have also been adding consistency details all around and making the space more visually appealing (I had put this off because I wanted to have scripting finished first, but scripting was taking more time than expected so I had to juggle both). I mostly have all the scripted events done for now, and all of the AI and matinees are working nicely. There is still a problem trying to make a custom ladder work with matinee instead of a ladderVolume (which doesn't work unless pointing north). Here are some newer screens of what I've accomplished. Note that lighting has still yet to be built -- also, I haven't added new screens of areas that weren't much affected since last update.









(I'm still deciding whether I like the outdoor environment to be at night or during the day. I think I'm going to stick with my original plan, though, and make it early morning/light outside).

No comments: