Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Single Player Level in Unreal

I've been working on an AI system for Unreal using kismet. So far, I have come up with the idea to attach a trigger to the bot's head joint, which is acting as their range of view. If the player is within the trigger's collision range, the bot will move toward the player. Since the bots run so fast, I have the bot pause for a second, and then they will fire at the player. If the player is still within the range of the trigger after the bot has paused, the bot will again follow the player and loop again. If the bot doesn't see the player again, the bot will then return to their patrol (this part still needs work in order for the bot to find his original path, since they will not go around blocking meshes or BSP). As far as I know, this is a completely new way to make single player AI in Unreal and I am excited to add it to my new level.

No comments: